MikroTik App

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

if winbox was a boys band I hope it would be called N'Sync

Fri May 10, 2013 12:45 am

Greeting!

my problem....too many winbox instances across too many computers, its high time they Sync up together! who's with me!!!

There's probably a stupid easy solution, and if not I really hope that this feature could be built into winbox some glorious day.

I have like 6 machines(desktops,server,laptops) with winbox and I am loosing the battle to keeping my locations list updated across all the different machines. I wish there was a way to have one master database file that got updated everytime an insignificant change was made.

Anyways hope this makes sense. Perhaps someone already has the golden solution to my issue and need to share the wealth!

Cheers!
:)

lunchboxrts
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: if winbox was a boys band I hope it would be called N'Sy

Fri May 10, 2013 3:49 am

Greeting!

my problem....too many winbox instances across too many computers, its high time they Sync up together! who's with me!!!

There's probably a stupid easy solution, and if not I really hope that this feature could be built into winbox some glorious day.

I have like 6 machines(desktops,server,laptops) with winbox and I am loosing the battle to keeping my locations list updated across all the different machines. I wish there was a way to have one master database file that got updated everytime an insignificant change was made.

Anyways hope this makes sense. Perhaps someone already has the golden solution to my issue and need to share the wealth!

Cheers!
+1

adairw
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri May 10, 2013 7:05 am

Would it be possible to use a service like dropbox to sync the file(s) across multiple machines. I'd love this. I also have never really looked in to how the program stores the sites.

For now I usually rdp yo my desktop and do everything from there.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri May 10, 2013 10:15 am

Greeting!

Cheers!
Are you talking about that small "Favorite hosts" list in Winbox loader? Why not use Dude instead? It already supports groups and other things
No answer to your question? How to write posts

lunchboxrts
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 10, 2013 10:57 am

yes, the list of hosts at the bottom.
the dude works fine but a lot of the time in the field i just have winbox. i would be nice to have the ability to have winbox save the config to dropbox, skydrive, etc and then i would be able to use it offline

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 am

Good suggestion on the Dude, I did take that into account with the dude populating the IP's and it would do the trick. However I would rather not install the dude on every machine I have, winbox is lightweight and meant for locations list(hosts), I just think its lacking synchronization features, I know winbox doesn't get huge coverage in the forums so perhaps other people would like to see this feature too, let's see a show of hands!

Cheers.

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:12 pm

winbox v3!!! yay looks like you allow for the sync request via dropbox I requested awhile back, thank you mikrotik, very much appreciated and made my day!! keep up the great work please.

Cheers!