Community discussions

MikroTik App

earlfox
just joined
Topic Author

Is it possible to create a public VPN-service using RB750?

Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm

I need to create small public VPN service for few of my customers (around 10) who will be using the same Internet channel by connecting to my private VPN server. I would like to try RB750 for this purpose connected with only 1 cable to the provider which provides Internet access through standard PPTP connection on the speeds of 100mbps per second.

Does it will take huge efforts to configure the router the way customers could use my IP for accessing Internet through VPN?
In my city I have opportunity to purchase only RB750 (other routers I'll have to wait for shipping from other country).

I really grateful for what MikroTik does to save huge amounts of time by providing probably the most flexible setups in the world for affordable prices. You doing really great job by providing such a settings in your router to replicate functions of which I spent months 10 years ago. Really nice job! I hope your products will exist long enough on a market before falling under planned obsolescence economic model.

THG

Re: Is it possible to create a public VPN-service using RB75

Wed May 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Here are some examples of how to configure the PPTP server.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Tunnels

glucz
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Don't expect high performance. RB750 will be able to give you 8-10mbps total VPN bandwidth due to low CPU resources.

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 am

You can always run RouterOS on a PC if you need more CPU power !!!