Community discussions

kassai
just joined
Topic Author

freeradius+dhcp with mikrotik - no netmask and gateway

Fri May 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi all,

I want to spread IP addresses for the clients by a mikrotik dhcp server that authenticates from a central radius+sql.

The radius side is already working. I have set up the mikrotik as a radius client. The ethernet client gets an IP normally I specified in the Framed-IP-Address attribute, but doesn't get the netmask (tried DHCP-Subnet-Mask and Framed-IP-Netmask attributes) and the gateway (tried: Framed-Route = "0.0.0.0/0 192.168.34.1 1" ; DHCP-Gateway-IP-Address ; Ascend-Client-Gateway) but mikrotik ignores these options.
I can see the radius (with -X option) passes these options to the dhcp server.

Can somebody help me?

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: freeradius+dhcp with mikrotik - no netmask and gateway

Wed May 22, 2013 2:24 am

The easy way:

Setup the network under /ip dhcp-server network. Just use FreeRADIUS to hand out the "Framed-IP-Address" from one of those networks and the MikroTik dhcp-server will fill in the netmask, gateway, and DNS.

That is how my network is setup for the customers which receive a static IP address. For the dynamic IP address customers FreeRADIUS just returns a "Framed-Pool" where the pool name is defined on the MikroTik. That is probably not the only way to do it. That is just how we do it, currently.

It may be possible to make it work with FreeRADIUS specifying everything the way you are trying to do. I have not tried it that way.

jonhson
just joined

Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:28 am

Hello..
i'm try this case too .. but still no running.
please let me know the detail ...

Regards,

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Hello..
i'm try this case too .. but still no running.
please let me know the detail ...
You tried which way? There are two scenarios described before your post and we cannot tell to which message you are referring.

Please describe your setup, tell us what version of RouterOS you are using, and show us your /ip dhcp-server configuration.

These commands will give us the last two pieces of information. Please open a terminal window and type:
/system package print;
/ip dhcp-server export compact;

jonhson
just joined

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:28 am

Hello,

Sorry not share my information :
here my scheme :

and here my system package :

and here dhcp

Target :
I want all my user which connect using wifi and cable will get IP based on Radius information,

need your guide for this.

Regards,