Community discussions

MikroTik App

mberube99
just joined
Topic Author

PPPoE Authentication failed

Tue May 28, 2013 11:35 pm

RouterOS 6.0

My clients use the PPPoE connection to access to network. When the clients disconnect, the connection on MikroTik still remain, they didn't go away as I wish. Because the connections still remain, when my clients reconnect, they had authentification failed because in mikrotik still connected. I have to disconnect those connections manually.

Do you have a solution.

EMOziko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: PPPoE Authentication failed

Tue May 28, 2013 11:46 pm

RouterOS 6.0

My clients use the PPPoE connection to access to network. When the clients disconnect, the connection on MikroTik still remain, they didn't go away as I wish. Because the connections still remain, when my clients reconnect, they had authentification failed because in mikrotik still connected. I have to disconnect those connections manually.

Do you have a solution.

Yes, you can decrease keepalive-timeout setting or increase max-sessions option.

mberube99
just joined
Topic Author

Re: PPPoE Authentication failed

Wed May 29, 2013 3:09 pm

RouterOS 6.0

Do you have a solution.

Yes, you can decrease keepalive-timeout setting or increase max-sessions option.

You want i decrease keepalive-timeout setting on PPPoe server, because it's the place i see the option or on custumers side.