Community discussions

MikroTik App

elfking
just joined
Topic Author

l2tp over ipsec - Can't connect more then 1 client...

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi All,
Not sure if this is an easy one or just stupid user error on my behalf.. I have a RB2011L (mipsbe) running v5.25 configured to handle L2TP over IPSEC for some iOS devices (iphones, ipads and mac laptops) One client can connect and works great, but anytime I have a second client connected the first one disconnects!

Checking the logs when the second client connects, about 30 seconds later a line shows up saying <l2tp-device>: terminating... - administrator request

Now this has been tested with each of the platforms with the same results... so if I connect say an iPhone, and let it sit for an hour it will stay connected... then connect my laptop and 30 seconds later the iPhone will disconnect with this message. All are using the same shared secret but have their own PPP user / password.

Hopefully its just something simple I am missing. I'll try and export the config as well at some point.

Thanks!
-Brian

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: l2tp over ipsec - Can't connect more then 1 client...

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Does both clients sits behind the same NATed router?

elfking
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:24 pm

Yes during my testing they are both behind the same NATed router... in production they will not be... Is this a problem ?

elfking
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Yes during my testing they are both behind the same NATed router... in production they will not be... Is this a problem ?

Interesting, after you said this I just tried from three different networks and it seems to work fine... I guess this is a known issue then.. Maybe having two people behind the same NAT the routes are unable to reach accordingly? As long as clients had different IP's I wouldn't see it as an issue but apparently it is...

jaytcsd

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:33 am

I had this happen last week on a hotel wifi.
Using a sprint card in one PC and verizon in a 2nd lets both in at the same time.
This was on 6.1 which I've downgraded to 6.0 but haven't tested.