Community discussions

MikroTik App

SomeYoungGuy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Router vanished after bond

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:02 am

Hi, I recently bonded two of the Ethernet ports (1 and 2). Immediately after doing this, the router disconnected, (totally understandable) but Winbox could not see it after that. I blindly entered mac addresses until I found it, and was able to log into it, gave the bond an IP, and have been able to manage the router normally from then on... but still i cannot see the router in the Winbox login. (you know when you click "...")

This was on the RB1100XHA and did not happen on the BR750(s) or the RB2011(s). I have done the same thing now on a bunch of different routers the all worked perfectly. It just seems to be on the BR1100.

What do i have to do to get the RB1100's to be visible?

(Interestingly.. the CISCO's they are connected to also cannot see them any more. When i say "see"... i mean in the network layout diagram, otherwise they work fine, ping no problem, shows up in arp... all good otherwise)

SomeYoungGuy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Router vanished after bond

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Ok... ill answer my own question!

Go to IP > Neighbours... Tab to "Discovery Interface", and enable "Bond0" (or whatever you called it).

Now was that so difficult? I have been clicking on every possible navigation item!