MUM Europe 2020

yuridee
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Help needed with queues

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:36 am

Hi there,
Offices are rented for short period (2-8 month). Landlord is providing internet access in the offices and depend on the price I "simply queue" the speed. The following is not exact setup I have. I just simplified to 4 networks to explain my dilemma. Up until now I had 100M of committed bandwidth from ISP that i Simply Queued to four sub networks as 4 x 25M. Now I've got 100M burstable to 200M. How can I setup my four queues to be 25 burstable to 50 but only if not in use by other network. Sort of, you can have 50 if ISP has more then 100M available and other three networks still have committed 25M speed? In other words, I'm trying to provide "burstability" option to the tenants. the amount of subnetworks can go in the future to as high as 40 and the price structure now is based on committed speed.
Thank you,
Y

tws101
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Help needed with queues

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Simple Queue supports burst.... Just fill in the burst options... If unsure as to what to do read the simple queue wiki
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Queue

karina

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 pm

the simple queue burst method remains a mystery to me, I want a client to have a 20 sec burst of 2mb then drop to 512k i just can't get my head around the wiki. One of the few things I like about UNBT airos is the nice simple burst set up, why can't Mikrotik have something similar for those of us without the time to experiment and ponder the meaning of wiki's

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:17 am

I have not strarted using Burst yet but a good friend sent me this pic of how to set it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:17 am

I have not strarted using Burst yet but a good friend sent me this pic of how to set it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.