Community discussions

Ehman
Topic Author

EoIP issue -possible bug

Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:10 am

HI

I've got a issue here, I'm not sure if its a bug or something..

the problem is:

I use EoIP allot and now on my test rig, I've got 2 routerboards connected via EoIP + bridge on both devices and a Ethernet cable between them, 1 device is a hotspot, ok... ive noticed that if I unplug the cable between the 2 routers that the EoIP Tunnel on the hotspot goes MAD!! and generates max traffic and blast GRE packets like in thousands (I guess trying to reconnect) and crash the router and make it go into panic mode and then it reboots and then its fine ....done with its emotional outbreak....

So can someone please tell me to fix this issue or is it a bug? ...I've been trying for days to fix it, but now I give up! :?

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: EoIP issue -possible bug

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:07 am

HI

I've got a issue here, I'm not sure if its a bug or something..

the problem is:

I use EoIP allot and now on my test rig, I've got 2 routerboards connected via EoIP + bridge on both devices and a Ethernet cable between them, 1 device is a hotspot, ok... ive noticed that if I unplug the cable between the 2 routers that the EoIP Tunnel on the hotspot goes MAD!! and generates max traffic and blast GRE packets like in thousands (I guess trying to reconnect) and crash the router and make it go into panic mode and then it reboots and then its fine ....done with its emotional outbreak....

So can someone please tell me to fix this issue or is it a bug? ...I've been trying for days to fix it, but now I give up! :?

EoIP go mad sometimes. :D Try another way of making a l2. l2tp or vpls. :D

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:23 am

What RouterOS version is this? Have you tried latest 6.2 if it is not already? Do you use keepalive in the tunnel configuration?

Ehman
Topic Author

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:32 pm

EoIP go mad sometimes. :D Try another way of making a l2. l2tp or vpls. :D
I've tried everything, only EoIP seems to work for me, vpls doesnt seem to work, it refuses to link up, makes me feel like a idiot..
What RouterOS version is this? Have you tried latest 6.2 if it is not already? Do you use keepalive in the tunnel configuration?
I'm on v6rc13, its the best version for me, out of them all, but... v6.1 does the same, it only reboots faster because of watchdog

I've played with timeout, no timeout, 10sec timeout, 1sec timeout, all useless if that cable gets unplug, its drama...
the 1sec timeout works the best out of them all, but then it keeps dropping all the time, and less drama, but I rather want a stable connection instead of disconnects every second that results in heavy packet loss...
only ros6.1 is available for download

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:51 am

Russian-speaking forum: https://forum.mikrotik.by/. Welcome!

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

MikroTik. Your life. Your routing.

Ehman
Topic Author

Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:26 am

Hi, thx for link

ros6.2 is a mess!!

I loaded my config on and half in the middle it made my router crash and now when I want to log in via mac address, it keeps telling me "router has been disconnected" boom ! ...going in via IP address works tho..

EoIP is still messedup, its even worst now, cpu is hogging on 100%, 5mb traffic on both 2 EoIP interfaces, not cool, and device kicks me out of winbox because of 100% cpu emotional outbreak..

megga bugs now, cpu is stuck on 100% for minutes now, so I'm going back to v6.1 or v6rc13 <-which is the best for me, beside for the bug on the bridge filter which I don't really use. <--(ros6rc13)...

Ehman
Topic Author

Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Screenshot of eoip -gre packet flood when I unplug the cable between the two routers.

check the time on the packets, its crazy :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ehman
Topic Author

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:07 am

can someone please help me to stop the flooding of packets when the cable is unplugged between the two routers running EoIP?

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:15 am

did you update to latest RouterOS?

other router is x86 box (10.5.7.1)?

can you add pcap file with one packet or several packets for inspection?

Ehman
Topic Author

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:45 pm

did you update to latest RouterOS?

other router is x86 box (10.5.7.1)?

can you add pcap file with one packet or several packets for inspection?
Its all routerboard. RB750GL configured to be a hotspot (10.5.7.1/16) and RB751U-2Knd (10.5.8.1/16, latest version of ros does the same thing only worst, it cause the device to reboot all the time.
eoip packet flood.zip
This issue only occurs when I unplugged the ethernet cable between them or when 10.5.8.1 shutdown / reboot, when I disable the hotspot, the problem is gone! I dont get it, its if the hotspot freaks out eoip, on my firewall, gre is allowed, its the first rule, so its not getting blocked by the hotspot rules
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ehman
Topic Author

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Update: All routers updated with v6.1 ...imho

GRE packet flood got replaced with a ARP packet flood, still equally bad.

unplugge ethernet cable between two routers and toy get that!

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:35 pm

can 10.5.8.1 access 10.5.7.1 an vica versa at l2?

Ehman
Topic Author

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:40 pm

can 10.5.8.1 access 10.5.7.1 an vica versa at l2?
When plugged in ARP does its talk and the other units reply so I assume so, but when I disable the hotspot on the 10.5.7.1 unit, the problem is gone! :shock: so maybe the bug is in the hotspot function..