Community discussions

MikroTik App

bossst
just joined
Topic Author

User manager and Hotspot

Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:28 am

Hi,

I'm planning to deploy a Hotspot with User manager and user will be able to buy or create user online. But one thing i'm not sure that I understand correctly, my Hotspot setup work great, when I connect to my ssid, the login page popup, but is it from there I have to modify this page and Integrate the User manager page or I can just change the login.html to redirect to usermanager ???

Because right now I cannot purchase, I have to log in before ???

Also I'm running the Hotspot and Usermanager on the same box.

Thank,

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: User manager and Hotspot

Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:59 am

Your clients never access usermanager. Your clients only see the hotspot files (login.html, etc). usermanager is ONLY for the administrator to see.

Hi,

I'm planning to deploy a Hotspot with User manager and user will be able to buy or create user online. But one thing i'm not sure that I understand correctly, my Hotspot setup work great, when I connect to my ssid, the login page popup, but is it from there I have to modify this page and Integrate the User manager page or I can just change the login.html to redirect to usermanager ???

Because right now I cannot purchase, I have to log in before ???

Also I'm running the Hotspot and Usermanager on the same box.

Thank,

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: User manager and Hotspot

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:18 am

There is a selectable user signup section of user manager.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Manager/User_sign_up

You must bypass the payment (merchant account) server through the hotspot so the user can make the payment while not logged in.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... r_payments