Community discussions

MikroTik App

paul
Topic Author

PPPoE Client How To?

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:01 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get PPPoE client to work but with no luck.

MT<->Vigor 2600we

MT=2.8.13
Vigor 2600we = residential gateway that I trying to turn into a modem.

I have enabled Protal PPPoE, disabled PPPoE/PPPoA client and enabled PPPoE Pass-though for Wired Lan on the Vigor (have also left PPPoE/A client enable as well for testing)

Created a PPPoE client in MT

0 name="pppoe-out1" mtu=1480 mru=1480 interface=WAN1 user="abc90333@abc" password="xMxyzD2h" profile=default
service-name="" ac-name="" add-default-route=yes dial-on-demand=no use-peer-dns=no allow=mschap2,mschap1,chap,pap

I have tried most of combinations I can see for the PPPoE client.

It just sits there dialing.

We are in the UK where PPPoA is used, however I am on an exchange where PPPoE works and the Vigor works just fine using PPPoE instead of PPPoA.

Have read the forums and see there may be probs with @ in the user, is this correct? If so my user name has a @ in it what can I do?

Saw something about needing to use upper case for user and CHAP have done this, no luck also the vigor has no probs using lower case.

Any help thoughts, ideas points would be appreciated by many people.

Thanx

Thanx

mag

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:58 pm

this will not work with any Draytek Vigor, cause there's no transparent layer-2 connection.

paul
Topic Author

Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:02 pm

Damm, that's the 3rd router I've brought that's no good.

Looks like no upnp happiness for my user for abit.

Can u surgest any gateway that would be good for this?

Thanx for your reply.

sten
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: PPPoE Client How To?

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:17 pm

MT<->Vigor 2600we
MT=2.8.13
Vigor 2600we = residential gateway that I trying to turn into a modem.
Why such an old version?
Either it is already a modem or it does not have that capacity
What does "modem" mean to you?
I have enabled Protal PPPoE, disabled PPPoE/PPPoA client and enabled PPPoE Pass-though for Wired Lan on the Vigor (have also left PPPoE/A client enable as well for testing)
PPPoE and PPPoA are from two different and incompatible worlds (Ethernet and ATM)
It just sits there dialing.
Do a packet dump then!
We are in the UK where PPPoA is used, however I am on an exchange where PPPoE works and the Vigor works just fine using PPPoE instead of PPPoA.
Is this ADSL or S(H)DSL? You are mixing PPPoE and PPPoA which throws me off. What kind of modem is there? (it's plugged directly into the phone cable, the very first box) and how is it configured?
Have read the forums and see there may be probs with @ in the user, is this correct? If so my user name has a @ in it what can I do?

Saw something about needing to use upper case for user and CHAP have done this, no luck also the vigor has no probs using lower case. Any help thoughts, ideas points would be appreciated by many people.
Always enter user information exactly how ISP provides...