MikroTik App

mstead
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Redirecting To Local Hotspot Webpages

Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:32 am

Hi,

I have looked through the manuals but cannot find the answer to this one. I am running a pppoe based internet gateway. I want anyone who tries to access the internet without dialing in to see a couple of local webpages held on the Mikrotik server. I was thinking if I could access the hotspot pages directly without setting up a hotspot then that would be ideal. Obviously I would allow anyone to do DNS lookups so I could redirect the following page access to the local pages.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I think I am 80% of the way there.

Regards,

Malcolm.

mstead
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:38 pm

Can anyone suggest anything or is this impossible to do?

Malcolm

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:48 am

Well, you HAVE to run hotspot. Then you CAN use the hotspots' HTML pages to your desire. You don't even have to include a login form, if you just want to display something like "You can purchase PPPoE based internet access here: abc Inc. bla blah".

Best regards,
Christian Meis

samsoft08
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:23 am

Without hotspot , i want anyone who is not one of my customer and connected to MT to be redirected to a page saved in MT , can we save and view any pages inside MT by any way , to view them as an ad to any connected unknown visitor ???

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:18 pm

Without hotspot this won't work on MikroTik.

Best regards,
Christian Meis