Community discussions

MikroTik App

gmilas
just joined
Topic Author

MTK Hotspot - Allow all except 80 - Android - IOS

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:19 pm

We have deployed a hotspot using a RB951G-2HnD in order to handle around 20 simultaneous users (max). When an IOS device connects, the pseudo-browser opens up and shows to the user the captive portal. Unfortunately, this is not working for the Android devices. So we have a lot of complaigns because a lot of users dont know what to do (&^%%#%(*&!!!)
Basically what i am trying to achieve here is to find a solution for the android users.

So first of all, do you know if it is possible to make the android device to launch the browser just as the IOS do?

Moreover, is it possible for the android users to allow all ports except 80. So WHEN they launch the browser...then the captive portal will appear. Is that possible???

Thank you in advance, and looking forward for your answers.

tws101
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: MTK Hotspot - Allow all except 80 - Android - IOS

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Android has a notification that it is connected to a network that requires sign in. This occurs in the upper left corner since the ICS builds.

gmilas
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Thats true but most of the people (at least at my hotspot) they are using androids prior to ICS :(

Zavi

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:45 pm

I saw it on my Android 2.3.3 (HTC Vision) once (not sure, if it was MTik hotspot) and two times on Win7 notebook.
And then countless hotspots without this notification. It looks like some hotspot option.
RB751G-2HnD & RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN at home