MikroTik App

letabawireless
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

PCC load balancer with many lines

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi there

I have outgrown a single rb1100 with PCC. What I mean is that I have more than 12 lines (13 ports on 1100, one used for UPLINK.) What I have done, which might be correct or not (therefor the post), is use QinQ vlan, and link up more 1100's, with a bridged ether and corresponding vlan on the other side where my DSL router connects.

We have several connections issues where, Youtube for example would just stop in the middle and die. You can sortof revive it by just moving the slide, possibly starting a new connection. But it is very intermittent.

I have played extensively with all scenarios of the PCC, (both-addr, src-addr,etc), but I can't seem to get this sorted. If I mangle a client over one DSL connection, using the VLAN, it buffers and plays fine.

Dire straits here, would appreciate any help. I can post the export, but as you know with PCC, its MASSIVE.

Let me know on your solution if you run PCC in excess of L2 connections.

Thanks
W

Rudios
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: PCC load balancer with many lines

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:40 pm

Maybe it is possible to use three devices.
One with dual line load balancing to each other device, and there load balance on the connected lines.
Just a thought, don't know whether this is doable.
Testing setup with: 2 x RB750UP | 2 x RB750GL | 1 x RB951G-2HnD | 1 x RB2011UiAS-IN