MikroTik App

cheeze
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Request for ROS 7

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:48 am

Heya Mikrotik peeps...

So something I was thinking about in regards to ROS 7. I do realize that it's QUITE far away so this isn't something on a "near term" kind of thing that I'm asking for. Just looking for some clarification on the "next step" for ROS.

I read someplace (I think it was Normis, but really it's not really relevant who said it) that the general feeling within the development team was that once ROS 7 comes out that there will be a new routing engine written inside it. Not quite sure what it means, but I'm understanding that along the lines that the routing portion of ROS is going to get a facelift. Which is good. It's something that I think would be very well received.

Along with that though, I'd like to ask if there's going to be a steady increase in features at that time. I kinda see ROS 6 as a "stabilizing" release whereas I'm hoping ROS 7 will be more of a "feature" release.

For example MPLS FRR, BGP Labeled Unicast, ISIS, OpenVPN UDP mode (I'm KIDDING :) ) and the tons of other things that are seen within (http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MikroTik_ ... e_Requests) and (http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57213).

I know I probably wouldn't be the first person here to be ok with ROS 6 to be mostly a stability/bugfix/minor feature release. Whereas ROS 7 to be the primary feature release train.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Request for ROS 7

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Send requests to support@mikrotik.com

cheeze
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Request for ROS 7

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:20 pm

I thought posting here would be as good....but I shall send the email there as well...