Community discussions

MikroTik App

deltamc2000
just joined
Topic Author

PPPoE & RADIUS with a dynamic address list

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:13 am

Hi folks,

I have not posted here before because I will keep banging my head against a problem until i solve it! This is not so much a problem but a question...

I have been running MT with PPPoE servers & free RADIUS for a couple of years now, I use 3 Attributes (somtimes framed-route too), Mikrotik-Address-List, Framed-IP-Address or Framed-Pool & Framed-ip-netmask.

The Mikrotik-Address-List provides the means to mangle then queue. We have a number of customers that have a CIDR block of addresses, which they get a dynamic entry into route table from the attributes framed-ip-netmask or framed-route, this all works great.

My question is... there a way to have the CIDR block added to a dynamic address list for mangle/queuing?

Many thanks

Paul

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: PPPoE & RADIUS with a dynamic address list

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:29 am

That's a great question. I hope someone knows the answer. I can see that being very useful in the future.

I cannot think of any way to get it done at the moment, other than having some process on the FreeRADIUS box watch the logins and manipulate the mikrotik when it sees a user such as that log in.

bajodel
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: PPPoE & RADIUS with a dynamic address list

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:54 pm