Community discussions

MikroTik App

eclipse
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

PPPOE with Radius (what to use for extensive options)

Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:56 am

I am looking into various Radius solutions for my billing system. I would like to have a backend that is fairly easy to use, and also a customer side, that allows them to view their current usage (bytes), edit their package, etc. Any ideas on a system that does it all and ties into all of my mikrotik routers. I need it to have all of the features of a good billing system from the backend, as well as a very customizeable customer self serve end.

odie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:02 am

jager
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:07 am

We have developed an accounting system based on Mikrotik with PPPoE. It is in use for about 2.5 yrs and we have tested it very well in live, with over 200 online users. I can give you a demo account to take a look how it looks like and how it works.
If you are interested, and for further details, contact me: jager at panonnet.net

maroon
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:01 pm

I am Intrested...

please can you give us all more details? (compatability with OS, price, language bla bla bla)

Regards,

jager
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:15 pm

I plan to make a website for this software, but it is still just "in queue" :)
It will be nice not to use this Forum for my own advertising, therefore anybody who is interested, drop me a mail and we can discuss all details.
Thanx

eugenevdm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:38 pm

Apparently Modernbill has a Radius module but I don't know anyone using it.

jfan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:55 pm

Apparently Modernbill has a Radius module but I don't know anyone using it.
I attempted to configure modernbill with freeradius server module. But it seems that MB doesn't do much beside inserting new users. Freeradius has to monitor user's time usage. I would like to know if anyone has success implementing MB because currently MB seems not a ready solution.

eugenevdm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:08 am

Well it's good to know that MB at least inserts users. But I agree a billing solution won't be much use if it can't at least read usage. For further information you should probably post in Modernbill's forum :-)