MikroTik App

dohmniq
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Formatting 32GB microSD card causes crash! [RB435G v6.4]

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Hello,

I inserted a 32GB microSD card into a RB435 running 6.4.
[admin@RB435G] /store disk> print
Flags: S - system
 #   NAME                                                                                                                                                          TOTAL-SPACE    FREE-SPACE STATUS
 0 S system                                                                                                                                                          126976KiB     107664KiB ready
 1   micro-sd                                                                                                                                                                                invalid
[admin@RB435G] /store disk> format-drive 1
WARNING: All disk data will be lost! Format drive? [y/N]:
y
drive will be formatted shortly
[admin@RB435G] /store disk>

[routerbox has crashed]
Strangely no supout.rif is being generated either even though I have the watchdog configured to email them (and emailing works when done manually).

I was planning to use the microSD as a web proxy cache.

Any ideas?

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Formatting 32GB microSD card causes crash! [RB435G v6.4]

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Hello,

I inserted a 32GB microSD card into a RB435 running 6.4.
Flags: S - system
 #   NAME                                                                                                                                                          TOTAL-SPACE    FREE-SPACE STATUS
 0 S system                                                                                                                                                          126976KiB     107664KiB ready
 1   micro-sd                                                                                                                                                                                invalid
[admin@RB435G] /store disk> format-drive 1
WARNING: All disk data will be lost! Format drive? [y/N]:
y
drive will be formatted shortly

[routerbox has crashed]
Strangely no supout.rif is being generated either even though I have the watchdog configured to email them (and emailing works when done manually).

I was planning to use the microSD as a web proxy cache.

Any ideas?

Is it a compatible card? Try another card and then send the card's make and model to support@mikrotik.com

dohmniq
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Formatting 32GB microSD card causes crash! [RB435G v6.4]

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:56 pm

I would try another card but unfortunately it's 16m up in the air. Even worse, I can't remember the make and model of the card!

Slightly confused about the issue of compatibility - is this is limitation of the microSD interface chipset or something resolvable by MikroTik with firmware?

I have successfully used more of these cards in microSD-to-USB adapters, etc. without any issues. Why would it NOT work?