Community discussions

MikroTik App

abaarsotech
just joined
Topic Author

HELP locked out of RB 750Gl

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:17 am

If anyone could help me with this issue you would be saving a lot of lives out here...

Yesterday, I disabled one of my interfaces eth2 and somehow got completely locked out of my router. After a few false tries I was able to factory reset and found that my backup was still saved on my router. I tried to restore the backup and here I am now completely locked out. I can't pick up an IP address nor if I try to factory reset nothing happens. I even took off one of the silicon "feet" and tried to reset by closing the jumper. I had quite a beefy setup with a lot of different configurations so loosing everything is not a huge deal and would be preferable if I could get back in and restore my old configuration if at all possible. I have no idea where to start and no idea how to use netinstall if that is my next or only option. Please help. I'm in a very remote location where finding another Mikrotik router will not happen for quite some time.

Thanks

asaleh75
Trainer
Trainer

Re: HELP locked out of RB 750Gl

Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi,
If you have no way then you can try Netinstall. But you will lose all configuration & data.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

abaarsotech
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:02 pm

I've tried netinstall but have not had much luck... I'll try again and see what happens. The DHCP keeps assigning me a 169 address. I wish I could somehow get in and get my config file.

sputniki
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:09 am

I've tried netinstall but have not had much luck... I'll try again and see what happens. The DHCP keeps assigning me a 169 address. I wish I could somehow get in and get my config file.
Did you try to set a static address to your host? You can use Winbox tool for connecting via MAC-address or the initial 192.168.88.1 (if not deleted on your RB)

abaarsotech
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:41 pm

I try setting a static address on my computer and holdin the rest button to start netintsall but netinstall still does not see my router. The section in the netinstall wiki includes a dead link for the rb 750:

Note: For RouterBOARD devices with no serial port, and no RouterOS access, the reset button can also start PXE booting mode. See your RouterBOARD manual PDF for details. For example RB750 PDF

Extremel confused. How can one minor mistake completely destroy my router?

mat650
just joined

Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:40 pm

I try setting a static address on my computer and holdin the rest button to start netintsall but netinstall still does not see my router. The section in the netinstall wiki includes a dead link for the rb 750:

Note: For RouterBOARD devices with no serial port, and no RouterOS access, the reset button can also start PXE booting mode. See your RouterBOARD manual PDF for details. For example RB750 PDF

Extremel confused. How can one minor mistake completely destroy my router?
I'm experiencing exactly the same Problem with my RB750GL, someone has some ideas after a couple of years?
thank you in advance