MikroTik App

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Need help to validate offices

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Hello,

I have a building with 24 companies. Each one works with one different network, firewall, ip subnet. The ip subnet could be the same in 2-3 or all the offices due to the internet connection isn't the same for each company.

These companies don't have same internet connection, don't share nothing between them.

In the building they have a common room to make interviews and meetings and they want to have a RJ45 plug to connect their laptops and connect to their network, to make presentations or whatever.

What I need to do is to connect this RJ45 plug to the all 24 offices and validate users with user/password.

If you arrive to the room, you connect your laptop and the laptop is promted with a hotspot page or something to validate the connections. When the validation is correct, I have to connect this RJ45 to the customer network and give them IPs for the subnet they have in the office.

Anyone knows how to make this possible?

thanks,

rjickity
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Need help to validate offices

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi Ibersystems,

Unfortuantely i dont believe mikrotik would do this out of the box. the ideal way would be to do it via a 802.1x port based authentication with vlan assignment.

I have some alternatives floating through my head at the moment that could potentially be done with mikrotik though..... what sort of access do you have to these networks that you want to provide this to (do you have the ability to replace/control their routers?)

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Hello,

I can't reconfigure their routers, but I'm able to install them a new router or something... EX. a RB750 or something like that.

What I saw is a cisco switch with authentication. 24 ports for the offices and 2 uplinks to use one in the room... They make the user/pass authentication in a local database. On each port I have a Office.

It's only make a bridge between the RJ45 port uplink with the correct port of the office... I think mustn't be difficult : O!

I can also install a RouterOS machine with a Radius Server connected to it and validate users there, but I don't know how to do it. Cisco equipment has a cost for us of about 3200 euros.

djdrastic

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:14 pm

I may not 100% understand the question , but couldn't you just run all those connections into a manageable switch and then tag them on the switch as seperate vlans per port.Trunk all those vlans down to a mtk as tagged and use hotspot for every office vlan ?

*Edit , re-read it again . It looks like 802.1x or some switch hackjob will be required by the looks of it since it looks like you want the actual ethernet port set as authenticated.