Community discussions

NAB
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

MUM Italy - The British contingent...

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:46 pm

OK, so flights and hotel booked - the flights are at nasty times, are expensive and involve changing in Paris - Venice is surprisingly difficult to get to from the UK. It also doesn't help that next year's MUM takes place during the UK school holidays :-(

Anyway, who else is going from the UK?
Nicholas Barnes BSc(hons)
Certified Mikrotik Consultant
Certified Mikrotik Trainer

Vitell - Asterisk, Linux and network consultants
Unofficial IRC channel: #routerboard on irc.z.je

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: MUM Italy - The British contingent...

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:39 am

I'm sorry to hear that. I would have imagined that Venice is a popular tourist destination. Even from Riga, we have several direct flights to Venice.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

NAB
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:20 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. I would have imagined that Venice is a popular tourist destination.
It is and there are direct flights (although not, sadly, from my local airport). I think, perhaps, that the school holidays have pushed the prices up well beyond what we have paid for flights into Eastern Europe previously - Easyjet were certainly OK for departing mid-week, but the weekend return made them completely infeasible too (add to that the 200Km+ drive to the airport in the first place).
Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining.
Nicholas Barnes BSc(hons)
Certified Mikrotik Consultant
Certified Mikrotik Trainer

Vitell - Asterisk, Linux and network consultants
Unofficial IRC channel: #routerboard on irc.z.je

colindb
just joined

Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:37 am

Hi NAB

I am a newbie.

I have been looking for a way to contact you and apologies for trying via your last post. I have been trying to upload your standard config file and receiving an error Script file loaded successfullyexpected end of command (line 283 column 48). I cant see anything obvious wrong with the file.

I have purchased a 750 and really keen to get it working (without success as yet) with BT infinity and thought I would give your config file a go.

Regards

Colin