MikroTik App

jfvelamoscoso
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Allow MAC get dhcp response

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Hello,

I have 4 subnetwork on an mikrotik router. And i want to give IP to the clients by DHCP . I want that only allow users identify by mac address can get the IP. Right know if config

• pool: Static-only
• The mac is pairing to one ip on lease

The problem with this is that when i move the laptop to other access point that is connected to a different subnetwork. i am still reciving the same ip and can't reach the gateway.

aaronhun22
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Allow MAC get dhcp response

Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 am

You can use Wireless Access-Lists to lock down access by MAC.
interface wireless access-list

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Allow MAC get dhcp response

Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:52 am

Hello,

I have 4 subnetwork on an mikrotik router. And i want to give IP to the clients by DHCP . I want that only allow users identify by mac address can get the IP. Right know if config

• pool: Static-only
• The mac is pairing to one ip on lease

The problem with this is that when i move the laptop to other access point that is connected to a different subnetwork. i am still reciving the same ip and can't reach the gateway.

Post your whole config (export). But I am assuming you run more than one DHCP server on your mikrotik. If that is the case you need to set it to only send the static address out a specific server and allow it to get a dynamic or another static for the other. See the "server" option on DHCP Leases.

Also you may want to use static arp.... that would prevent people from assigning their own IP and avoiding the DHCP server.

But that would require a different IP in each subnet per computer. There are a few other ways of structuring it.

Whats your overall goal?