MUM Europe 2020

kapulan
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

pppoe not work in wireless

Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:39 pm

My follow are problem:
1. Given one Main Server and it made to call routing and pppoe. The Users to connection for the net through the Wlan interface. It’s in ap.-s rb 532 and cm9 cards. I have some Users, where I have some interesting problem: the pppoe connection is come into being for server and it has data traffic, but after little time eliminate the data traffic for invisible cause, but connection exist and not split it. In this case, that I have data traffic, I should to reconnection the pppoe cliens for server. Interesting thing, that come in the failure between the different signal levels. It has where 59 dB the signal level and it has where 79 dB, so occuring the failure. The pppoe connection has encrypting mppe 128 bit.MTU:1972

2. The next problem: Practically I have adjusted, that one login/pass pair to connection up more time for the server and different IP to divide out from the range, but then I haven’t knew to catch, that 2 active connection has one in login/pass and than dividing in band (512/512) and not both connection 512/512 to divide the server.

Thank for your help in advance and have anice day!

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: pppoe not work in wireless

Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:32 am

My follow are problem:
1. Given one Main Server and it made to call routing and pppoe. The Users to connection for the net through the Wlan interface. It’s in ap.-s rb 532 and cm9 cards. I have some Users, where I have some interesting problem: the pppoe connection is come into being for server and it has data traffic, but after little time eliminate the data traffic for invisible cause, but connection exist and not split it. In this case, that I have data traffic, I should to reconnection the pppoe cliens for server. Interesting thing, that come in the failure between the different signal levels. It has where 59 dB the signal level and it has where 79 dB, so occuring the failure. The pppoe connection has encrypting mppe 128 bit.MTU:1972

2. The next problem: Practically I have adjusted, that one login/pass pair to connection up more time for the server and different IP to divide out from the range, but then I haven’t knew to catch, that 2 active connection has one in login/pass and than dividing in band (512/512) and not both connection 512/512 to divide the server.

Thank for your help in advance and have anice day!
Hi there, ill try to help. Are your clients trying to PPPoE through a wireless client in station mode? etc MT>WirelessAP>CLIENT>ethernet>PC(ppoe client) or MT>ethernet>AP>CLIENT>ethernet<AP>CLIENT>ethernet>PC(pppoe client)

I run a wireless ISP and it took a few days to overcome this, basically some hardware access points do strange things to mac addresses from the LAN to wireless when in station mode, since PPPoE is a layerless protocol it is dependant on mac address for connection.

To get around this I changed the wireless network to point to point bridge right up until the last mile AP>CLIENT>ethernet>PC(pppoe client)

So it was like this MT>ethernet>AP(bridge)>AP(bridge)ethernet>AP>CLIENT>ethernet>PC(ppoe client)

NOTE: even in this layout only 1 PPPoE client will successfully connect behind the CPE APClient. And be careful with MTU if you are tunneling to the inernet via PPTP L2TP etc.

Im sorry that I cannot understand your second issue, per haps if you explained it a little differently.

Good Luck
Geoff