Community discussions

MikroTik App

wheminghou
just joined
Topic Author

Help! Auth users across multiple MTs RADIUS user-manger AAA

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Background: I have about 130 MikroTiks in the field doing all the routing for my WISP. What I need to do is set up user accounts for each person in tech support to log in and VPN to each of those MikroTiks.

I have one Mirotik successfully set up with user manager to where I can creat accounts in user manager, assign them profiles, they can log in and are getting the right profiles... Great! The only problem is that I don't seem to be able to point other MikroTiks to it an get authentication?!

Closest I can get, it looks like the remot MT is sending the request to the master, but this is in the RADIUS log on the master MT:
18:45:48 radius,debug received remote request from <WAN IP>:37537 with unknown address, dropping

I DO have a router set up in user manager on master MT with the WAN IP shown in this log message, so I am not sure where the disconnect is? Will this even work? Do I need to go down a different path? Set up a freeRADIUS server instead of trying to use the RB1100AH to host? Help!

nerdtron
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Help! Auth users across multiple MTs RADIUS user-manger

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:10 am

I use a freeRadius server with mikrotik clients. When I receive the errror "unknown address" usually is that the address of the mikrotik client is not allowed (or defined) on the server for authentication.
What IP are the mikrotik client uses to communicate to the Radius server? I think you need to define them on the server to allow them to request authentication queries.

wheminghou
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:14 am

As I mentioned, I created a router in user manager on the master MT with the public IP of the remote MT and that is the same IP showing in the RADIUS error logs on the master MT where the request is coming from and claiming it is an unknown address. It just doesn't add up.

dleo

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:32 pm

I use a freeRadius server with mikrotik clients. When I receive the errror "unknown address" usually is that the address of the mikrotik client is not allowed (or defined) on the server for authentication.
What IP are the mikrotik client uses to communicate to the Radius server? I think you need to define them on the server to allow them to request authentication queries.
Hi,

We're using freeradius and try to use radclient for CoA, sending disconnect packet, but just getting
radius,debug received remote request from X.X.X.X:41199 with unknown address, dropping