Community discussions

MikroTik App

crazyleg
just joined
Topic Author

Splash page/redirect

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:26 pm

I am planning to set up a Mikrotik-based wireless, non-encrypted network that r redirects every client to a web page when they start to browse. Julst like on a Hotspot, but I do not need the authentication part. Does it excist any other solutions than using Hotspot?

rfritz80
just joined

Re: Splash page/redirect

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 pm

Hi Crazyleg, I am curious did you ever find your solution to this? because I would like to do the same thing to.

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:42 pm

The way to do this is to configure your hotspot with unlimited simultaneous users in the profile section, and create some basic default user/password for the hotspot.
Then you create your splash page with a "continue to Internet" button on it. Design the form on this splash page to simply contain the username/password as hidden inputs with the correct value, and you're done.

I'm sure there's another way to do this but this will work just fine.

rfritz80
just joined

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 am

Thank You, that is helpful, but, I was told that you could create a splash page with out using hotspots from my boss. You setup some port forwarding rules and a dst-nat to be redirected to a splash page. Basically what we want to do is if the customer needs to update their payment information, it would send them to that splash page. So, all we would have to do is setup in the mikrotik router and disable them from the address list and it suppose to redirect them to that splash page if that makes sense. My employer showed me this video from youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HVdPVbQMmw
And I went ahead and followed all the steps and configured my own NAT rules and such on a dummy mikrotik router I have and it doesnt seem to be working. I dont understand how you put them in what this guy calles the Delinquent list, I am assuming you add them to the address list and enable or disable them and its suppose to redirect them to the splash page.

Personally I dont think you can do it like this and you can only do it with setting up hot spots. Any Thoughts?

Thank you for your time.