Community discussions

MikroTik App

BethNet
just joined
Topic Author

strange ethernet problem

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:01 am

I have tried finding this with the search function, but I can't seem to find any answers.
I recently bought a new CCR routerboard and as soon as I restore a backup file, the ethernet ports are numbered wrong.
This causes most of my firewall rules to also be wrong (unknown interface, even after I rename the ports to what they should be).
The backup file is from a 1100AH X2.
Is there any way to restore the backup on the cloud core router without this happening ?

bysard
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: strange ethernet problem

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:22 pm

I have tried finding this with the search function, but I can't seem to find any answers.
I recently bought a new CCR routerboard and as soon as I restore a backup file, the ethernet ports are numbered wrong.
This causes most of my firewall rules to also be wrong (unknown interface, even after I rename the ports to what they should be).
The backup file is from a 1100AH X2.
Is there any way to restore the backup on the cloud core router without this happening ?
This is normal behaviour. You should try export config on old router and import config on new router.

PeterSullivan

Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:00 pm

Yes as bysard said you can try export config in your old router and import config on new router. But make sure it support properly with your old routers.

jmeske
just joined

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:35 pm

Hallo Bysard and Bethnet,

it seems that i have the same issue. I use two 493ah Routerboard and try to backup the first and restore on the second. Half of the Ports are renamed and almost nothing is working. Is there a way to avoid it, or do i have to make to setup by foot again.
The only difference is that the first RB is 2 Years old and the second is brand new.

Greetings from Germany, Hamburg
Jens

bysard
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi Jens,

What things other then interface names are changed on the new board? You can easily rename the interfaces.

jmeske
just joined

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:50 am

Hi bysard,

Well it was really difficult to geht winbox to Connect again. Even no mac Adress connection was accepted. I habe a Bridge Definition and it seems to be a big mess.
I hat to do the connection with a serial cable and do a reset. I must use Firmware 5.14 due to some API programs. Is it possible that this behaviour is better with Newer Firmware?

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany
Jens

bysard
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:47 am

Hm, I wouldn't use RoS 5.14 on CCR to be honest. I know v6.x is still buggy, but yes, it still results better behaviour on CCR's.

jmeske
just joined

Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Hallo bysard,

thank you for your tip. The export-import step is the solution. The older Version uses 2 Switch chips and the newer version only one for all ports. I deleted the switch definitions from the export script and replace the Mac Addresses from the Interface Definitions and succeeded. Now i have the Same installation on the Router-board and can to the exchange.

Greetings from Germany, Hamburg
Jens