Community discussions

MikroTik App

aamircdma
just joined
Topic Author

WAN as Uplink

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Dear Friends

i have 4 wans i want 1 wan as up link and other wan's as downlink please tell me this solutions

troy

Re: WAN as Uplink

Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:45 pm

In order to make this work, you need to have all 4 connections from the same provider and your provider must agree to only send traffic to you on 3 of the 4 connections.

The problem? When you connect via WAN1, your connection has the IP address for WAN1, and the other side of that connection will only ever know about that IP address. There is no (easy) way to tell the other side to use a different IP to send data unless you're using BGP, which from the tone of your question, you are not...

If you want to load balance, you can use PCC between the 4 connections. By the time you have PCC figured out, you'll see how you can use mangle to also direct certain types of traffic over certain connections.

I've done something similar... critical things over one connection (dns/icmp/voip/ssh/telnet), while everything else (web, email, ftp) go over another connection.

If you have a lot of users behind your gateways, also look at PCQ to help balance bandwidth in addition to PCQ. You could use WAN1 for the critical traffic, then use PCC/PCQ to balance and control bandwidth over the other 3 connections.

Hope this helps you figure things out...