Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

astounding
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

What in the world?

Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Okay, so I do "/export compact" on a RouterBoard 951-2n running RouterOS version 6.7 (firmware 3.10), then about an hour later, do "/export compact" again. WITH NO CHANGES MADE BY ANYONE in between. If I "diff" the two exports I notice that in one there are these lines (see below) that do NOT appear in the other. These lines are the ONLY thing different:
/port
set 0 name=serial0
In the second export an hour or so later, those lines are NOT THERE! What in the world? How is that possible? Nothing has changed configuration-wise, and no one has touched the routerboard physically either.

This seems to occur at random. Some hours later, I'll do "/export compact" again and those two lines reappear as if by magic.

WHAT is going on?

Puzzled and confused,
Aaron out.

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: What in the world?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:28 am

bug. :D You dont need this from config. :D Unless you name the console port somethig.

Try : Put another name to the port, and do a export. Se if it differ.

BTW, is it a compact export both times? The compact should not export this. but a full export should.

astounding
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Yes, it is exported compact every time. And as there are ZERO changes from the default configuration of the device with regard to any serial device (I don't use it at all), compact should indeed export nothing. This does seem to be a bug in my opinion. I wondered if anyone else had encountered it.

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:51 am

I have seen some export bug, make just first xxx% of the file. Missing last party. I have seen this in 6.7. Its usually just to make the export one more time, and all is ok..