Community discussions

MikroTik App

sarky
Topic Author

Changing my Network Need Help

Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:41 pm

Hello all,

Need help with my network, i will try to explain the way the network is and if anyone has any comment will appreciate.

Sat Gateway
|
Proxy MT
|
Switch --- MtikPPPOE
|
HOTSPOT Mtik Router

Sat Gateway - Real IP
Proxy MT - Eth1 & Eth2 Bridged with Real IP
Mtik PPPOE - Eth1 Real IP - Eth2 PPPOE Server No IP assigned
Hotspot --- Eth1 Real IP - WLan1 Hotspot Temp IP Fake And Real IP when authenticated.

At the moment when user log in to the hotspot it will give them the Real IP Address, but they will not be able to browse.

Can i have 2 interface having the same Real ip with the same subnet will it work.

I was given a subnet /24 for my network from my ISP, if i change it on my satellite gateway will it still work as in split that subnet to 4 * 64 ip slots?
Then i was thinking of assigning inside network FAKE IP instead of real and only clients and main servers having routable IP.

I hope i will get some comments to put me in the right direction.

Sarky

ofasa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:31 pm

hi,

do you have some particular reason for using 3 MT boxes?

You could just do:

Sat Gateway ---> MT ---> PPPoE & HotSpot (on same interface)

I have a similar (not exact) setup.

sarky
Topic Author

Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:22 am

Well I have 2 MT boxes at the top of the Tower acting as AP, one down below in the base acting as a pppoe server for APs using FHSS system, and because i had an unstable machine a while back i decided to have a proxy running on one machine and due to processing power and RAM required that was the best option.

I am looking of way of subneting the allocated ip address given to me, how did you do it ?

Sarky