Community discussions

venonomouse91
just joined
Topic Author

Help please

Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:58 pm

i have a RB433 and i log into it with winbox.
i have 2 ppoe accounts, i succeed to make a ppoe server from the first account, but now i need to make 2 ppoe servers, so each server provide internet from diffrent accounts.
thanks

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Help please

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:57 am

i have 2 ppoe accounts, i succeed to make a ppoe server from the first account, but now i need to make 2 ppoe servers, so each server provide internet from diffrent accounts.
I am afraid I have no idea what you mean. Maybe it would help if you could draw a network diagram.
Nicholas Barnes BSc(hons)
Certified Mikrotik Consultant
Certified Mikrotik Trainer

Vitell - Asterisk, Linux and network consultants
Unofficial IRC channel: #routerboard on irc.z.je

venonomouse91
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Mr.NAB thanks for your reply, i'm new in networking so let me explain more:
i have a router board 433, this router is linked to a network providing me internet, i connect to internet with ppoe service.
what i want to do is that i want to provide internet from ppoe client, i succeed to make a ppoe server, but now i have a big number of clients so i want to make another ppoe server witch provide internet from other ppoe client and this is an example:

ppoe client1: username...password... interface bridge
ppoe server 1: service name:S1 secrets user1 user2 user3...

now i want this:
ppoe client 1 provide internet to ppoe server S1 and ppoe client2 provide internet to ppoe server S1

venonomouse91
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:46 pm

I am afraid I have no idea what you mean. Maybe it would help if you could draw a network diagram.
Mr. NAB:
i'm new in networking, but i will try to explain more, i have a router board 433. this router is linked to another network via antenna, so i can connect to internet, i connect via ppoe service, so i have an account, i put this account as client on interface bridge than i created a ppoe server s1 and a number of secrets, than in ip-firewall-nat i used masquerade to each secret to make him able to connect to internet. Now i have a lot of users so the account is overloaded, i'm thinking if i can create another ppoe sever and link this server to a different ppoe account so i can divide the users between ppoe server 1 witch get net from ppoe account 1 and another ppoe server 2 witch provide internet from ppoe account 2
thanks