MikroTik App

aitsecurity
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CPU 100% High, how can see what process take the 100%

Sat May 06, 2006 6:57 pm

Hi

i have one Mk in CPU 100%, i will change the webproxy "size of cache in hardisk" i assume the problem is there, because the webproxy try make free space .

How i do, for see the process of CPU in Mk, in linux is the command "Top", in Mswindows " the task manager"

you know? i want see for diagnostic.

Thanks very much.

ktw-matt
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon May 08, 2006 8:00 pm

We also have a mikrotik thats been pegged at 100% CPU since a few hours after turning it on. Even at this moment its pegged at 100%.

We have two 4-port ethernet cards in it, one port of which is dead, and one is plugged into our switch. So 6 of the eight ports from the 4-port cards plus the onboard motherboard port, we have 7 different subnets from wireless networks hooked up to this router.

It seemed to happen when the overall bandwidth being pushed out the main port to the switch, hit about 2 or 4Mbps or so. (I forget exactly.) And ever since, its been pegged at 100% CPU, occasionally making beeps through the PC speaker.

Any idea whats going on?

Matt

chris-oct
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 16, 2006 12:53 am

We also have times when the CPU will spike and there is no way to find out what is causing it.

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 16, 2006 1:10 am

We also have a mikrotik thats been pegged at 100% CPU since a few hours after turning it on. Even at this moment its pegged at 100%.

We have two 4-port ethernet cards in it, one port of which is dead, and one is plugged into our switch. So 6 of the eight ports from the 4-port cards plus the onboard motherboard port, we have 7 different subnets from wireless networks hooked up to this router.

It seemed to happen when the overall bandwidth being pushed out the main port to the switch, hit about 2 or 4Mbps or so. (I forget exactly.) And ever since, its been pegged at 100% CPU, occasionally making beeps through the PC speaker.

Any idea whats going on?

Matt
I've got a similar setup 2 x 4port PCI NIC's, and 2 x onboard gigabit ports.. CPU also stays pegged @ 100%.. at least thats what it reads, it doesnt seem to be effecting performance, so i figured it to be a bug..

This particular box has an Intel Dual Core Processor...

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 16, 2006 9:49 am

MT Doesn't support duel processors...

Things to keep in mind:
- web proxies will take a massive hit on CPU / Memory
- high traffic loads will take a massive hit on CPU / Memory
- BGP/OSPF (potentially) could hit Memory

But yea, all users are blind as far as processes goes... a 'top' would be VERY usefull in Mikrotik... I would definately *love* to see something similar in MT for debugging...
Regards,
Chris

aitsecurity
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2006 5:01 pm

MT Doesn't support duel processors...

Things to keep in mind:
- web proxies will take a massive hit on CPU / Memory
- high traffic loads will take a massive hit on CPU / Memory
- BGP/OSPF (potentially) could hit Memory

But yea, all users are blind as far as processes goes... a 'top' would be VERY usefull in Mikrotik... I would definately *love* to see something similar in MT for debugging...
thanks for you quote

in my MK cpu 100% i know now the problem, the Squid or webproxy, work bad, stop the service, put unlimited for cache in harddisk, rebuilding the cache, and wake up again the service, and work very fine, and the cpu is to very low 1% to 8%

but, if MK have the command "TOP" i make the troubleshooting more fast. :-)

Besty regards