Community discussions

MikroTik App

cimek
just joined
Topic Author

Priority ICMP MT v6

Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:31 am

How to make a priority for pings in MT with version v6? In these versions there is no parent global-in and global-out, and do not know how to do it. Queues for "simple queues" added by radius. I can not modify. Please concrete example.

SaeedYa
just joined

Re: Priority ICMP MT v6

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:37 am

interestingly I have exactly the same problem.
there are several script on Net that they became useless on V6
Can somebody modify one of them and give me a solution to prioritize ICMP on V6 Mikrotik ?

Thanks In Advance.

sashavl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:52 am

Put global-total instead. And one more thing, those guys don't read manual. For queue priority to work you must have max-limit set.

SaeedYa
just joined

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 pm

Put global-total instead. And one more thing, those guys don't read manual. For queue priority to work you must have max-limit set.
The problem is that there is no global-total at all ! by the way I select global but the problem still exist and ping breaking whenever i start downloading. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sashavl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:22 pm

You're doing it wrong. You must have one parent queue-tree, and then icmp as one child with priority and all of the rest traffic as another child. In that config Tik gives priority to traffic in queue with priority, but that works ONLY when max-limit is reached.