MikroTik App

doucettom
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN-based QoS on RouterOS

Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi,

Here is my network diagram:

So I would like to set dynamic QoS on all traffic going out on internet on VLAN5 but do not want to set bandwith reservation (so bandwith is available when no voice traffic is going out)

QoS is already set in the D-Link switch and VLAN is set and NATed on the Mtik router but no QoS yet.

Thanks,

joshaven

Re: VLAN-based QoS on RouterOS

Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:15 am

You are not providing enough information. QOS isn't something you just turn on and if it is on some devise then it is probably just prioritizing based upon Class of service. Any traffic that is outside of your network probably has had the DSCP bits changed because it is common practice to distrust and remark the DSCP bits so the QoS is probably not really working where you have it on.

You could prioritize based upon the DSCP bits on the mikrotik but I would also recommend mangleing the packets to set the DSCP bits if they are incorrect on any inbound traffic. Prioritizing without setting a committed rate (limit at) won't be enough in all cases so you probably should also commit 100kbps to your VoIP phone.