Community discussions

MikroTik App

peper
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

WebFig Quick Set page is corrupted

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:15 am

Recently upgraded my home 751G-2HnD to 6.11. Today logged in using browser (usually prefer WinBox) and found out, the Quick Set page is corrupted. It seems like page blocks are repeated several times and not filled with data at all. Even more strange, it contains Wireless part, while corresponding package is disabled in my router. At the same time, in WinBox quick set page looks just fine.
Tried different browsers, and both Mac OS and Windows. In WebFig Quick Set is corrupted everywhere.
Checked my brother's RB2011 and office CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD (both on 6.10 yet) - their WebFig Quick Set screens are Ok.
Was it broken with recent update or I just missed this bug?

Update: upgraded brother's RB2011 to 6.11. And now its WebFig Quick Set is also broken. :(
It also shows empty wireless block, while his RB2011 has no wireless module at all. Funny, but sad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by peper on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

villageworker

Re: WebFig Quick Set page is corrupted

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:12 am

Recently upgraded my home 751G-2HnD to 6.11. Today logged in using browser (usually prefer WinBox) and found out, the Quick Set page is corrupted. It seems like page blocks are repeated several times and not filled with data at all. Even more strange, it contains Wireless part, while corresponding package is disabled in my router.
Had the same problem. Reseting Safari browser cleared it for me.

peper
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 am

Recently upgraded my home 751G-2HnD to 6.11. Today logged in using browser (usually prefer WinBox) and found out, the Quick Set page is corrupted. It seems like page blocks are repeated several times and not filled with data at all. Even more strange, it contains Wireless part, while corresponding package is disabled in my router.
Had the same problem. Reseting Safari browser cleared it for me.
No luck in my case. And the problem is the same on mobile Safari on iPad, with Safari on Mac, with Firefox on Win 7. At the same time when I log into 6.10 MT from the same devices - Quick Set looks nice. Maybe some other ideas?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:39 am

Maybe you have some proxy server in your network? I was not able to repeat this issue on any router model with v6.11
It could be possible that the Webfig/Quickset Javascript file is cached somewhere. In your computer or proxy server.

peper
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:15 pm

Maybe you have some proxy server in your network? I was not able to repeat this issue on any router model with v6.11
It could be possible that the Webfig/Quickset Javascript file is cached somewhere. In your computer or proxy server.
Hi, normis!

I have direct connection to my own router and VPN to brothers. Today I've bought RB2011 for myself to replace 751G. It has 6.1 on board, so I will run the same tests before and after upgrade. Will post back after that.

peper
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Ran some more tests with 751G and I'm sure there's smth specific to 6.11 with WebFig Quick Set.
1) Cleared Firefox cookies and history. Problem persists.
2) Reset 751G to default configuration and rebooted. Problem persists.
3) Downgraded 751G to 6.10. Problem is gone.
4) Upgraded 751G to 6.11 with Packages -> Check for updates... Problem is back again.

Downgraded and upgraded it three times with the same result (6.10 - ok, 6.11 - problem).

Above tests were ran with Firefox browser from Windows, then repeated with Safari with the same results.
It was just the same with Firefox from other PC (from this PC it was the first time I connected to 751G at all).
All of computers are directly connected to that 751G, so no any proxies or devices in between.

Also found out, that on problematic configs "Quick Set" button in the menu is not activated ("pressed"). See screenshot below.

But:
1) I received my RB2011UiS-IN today. Upgraded it to 6.11 and it has no such problem. On the same PCs and under all browsers it looks Ok.
2) To make everything even worth: my brother has RB2011 based device, just lower version (RB2011iL-IN). Tested it both remotely and locally from his computer - Web Fig corrupted.

What the ...? I'm lost. :-)

Still, can you please test Web Fig just on 751G with default config and RoS 6.11, e.g. from Firefox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:08 am

I have tried different devices now, there must be something specific in your config. Which QuickSet mode did you use before upgrade? Did you also configure something else in v6.10 apart from Quickset? What packages do you have installed?

Here is mine:
Screenshot 2014-04-03 10.07.15.png

peper
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:10 pm

You are right about the packages. It took me couple of hours of experiments to find this out.
As I have separate WiFi AP in place I decided to disable wireless package in Mikrotik some time ago. And this is what causes problems now. If I enable it - interface is shown correctly, disabled - and having problems. On 6.10 its ok independently of wireless package status though. Please, ask your devs to look at web fig code - maybe it somehow analyses the existence of wireless device and corresponding package and its status.

As I'm replacing my 751 with 2011 - it won't be a problem for me, but still it can affect other users.

And thank you for being so helpful and nice! :)