Community discussions

MikroTik App

nuru
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CAPsManager not forwarding traffic

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Has anyone tried the CAPsMan over wireless link. The CAP is connecting to the CAPsManager via NV2 radio using layer 3. The CAP get registered to the CAPsManager and 802.11b/g client are registered on the CAPsManager. The forwarding mode is enabled and datapath is a bridge with no physical interface on the bridge port and has a DHCP server. The 802.11b/g client is able to obtain an IP address after associating but cannot ping the IP on the bridge interface (Datapath).
However if the CAP is connected via wire to the CAPsManager it works flawlessly.

nuru
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: CAPsManager not forwarding traffic

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:34 am

Has anyone tried the CAPsMan over wireless link. The CAP is connecting to the CAPsManager via NV2 radio using layer 3. The CAP get registered to the CAPsManager and 802.11b/g client are registered on the CAPsManager. The forwarding mode is enabled and datapath is a bridge with no physical interface on the bridge port and has a DHCP server. The 802.11b/g client is able to obtain an IP address after associating but cannot ping the IP on the bridge interface (Datapath).
However if the CAP is connected via wire to the CAPsManager it works flawlessly.
After tweaking and troubleshooting for almost a week. I finally got the CAPsManager to work over wireless link. Thanks to the new feature that allow you see the number of spatial stream (1S/2S) on wireless tx/rx rate. I noticed the stream keeps fluctuating between 1S and 2S. By simply disabling the second tx/rx chain (chain 1) on the 802.11N config, the CAPsManager was able to forward traffic. Its a 7.6KM Wireless link. Am hoping if I change the Antenna to a higher gain type to get the stream steady on 2S the CAPsMAN will still work.