Community discussions

MikroTik App

tank4gunner
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot login page that does not require password?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:19 am

I am setting up my first hotspot for a local coffee shop and I was wondering if there is a way to make the login page show some terms and conditions and then the user only needs to click an Accept button to continue to the internet. I have been combing the forum but have been unable to find a post that fits my needs. I would be grateful if anyone could steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

nerdtron
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Hotspot login page that does not require password?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:43 am

I am setting up my first hotspot for a local coffee shop and I was wondering if there is a way to make the login page show some terms and conditions and then the user only needs to click an Accept button to continue to the internet. I have been combing the forum but have been unable to find a post that fits my needs. I would be grateful if anyone could steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
1. Create a hotspot use and increase the "shared user" to about 100 (for 100 simultaneous users) on the User Profiles.
2. You can edit the login.html page and hide the text box for username and password. Add your Terms and Conditions Text.
3. The variable for username and password should be fixed on the login.html itself.
Basically users will click the "Accept" button but under the hood, the login page has already defined a username and password which will login the user to the hotspot.

A shorter solution would be to use the "trial user". Edit the login page and make the "accept" button a link to the trial user page. All users willl be trial and they will have free internet access.