MikroTik App

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Is this Possible

Mon May 15, 2006 1:53 pm

Hello guys,

Im presently running MT 2.9.23 and PPPoE to clients. I was wondering if it was possible to allow certain pages open up for the clients without them having to log on? Maybe the router can issue them a DHCP IP address which will permit them to open these pages without having to connect via PPPoE. I know it can be done using Hotspot, but I dont want to use that.

All suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 15, 2006 1:58 pm

Give out IP Addresses via DHCP, Firewall those Addresses so that they are only able to access what you want them to access. Once a PPPoE is established, they will be able to access anything as per the firewall rules on IP addresses given by the PPPoE Server...

That's very basic and brief. Play with the idea for a while...

--
C
Regards,
Chris

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon May 15, 2006 4:07 pm

Thanks savage for the suggestion. I have created the DHCP-Server to give IPs out. Can you give me an example please of firewall rule to create.

Thanks again.

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 15, 2006 4:16 pm

I'd suggest you take a look at the ample documentation and examples given on the mikrotik web site... Firewalling depends EXTENSIVELY on what EXACTLY you want to accomplish.

Read the documentation, try things out for yourself, and if that doesn't work, let's take a look at what you have tried, and where you went wrong.

--
C
Regards,
Chris