Community discussions

MikroTik App

Kliwer
just joined
Topic Author

How to redirect to Hotspot login page

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Hey. I modified hotspot login page to show just a message to the client. My question is how can I redirect user to this page using firewall rule? When I use MT address with port 80 it redirects me to webbox login page but when I use the same address in browser it shows my hotspot login page.
Btw. is it possible to create a new html file something.html and access it somehow?

Regards

reinerotto

Re: How to redirect to Hotspot login page

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Btw. is it possible to create a new html file something.html and access it somehow?
Not sure, what you are looking for exactly, but this might help you:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/index.php?oldid=20225

Kliwer
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks, but it's not what I am looking for. Well, to put it simply I want mini web server on MT. I need to display one simple page for a set of IPs. I guess I can't create a new html file. The main question is how can I redirect to hotspot login page using firewall rule. I think that the login page is on port 64873 but redirecting to that port doesn't work.

reinerotto

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:58 pm

AFAIK a web-server on MT is not possible. You are not the first one to ask for it, though :-)
Why don't you do it the opposite way, set up a hotspot, and within the login-page you check the IP.
In case, no auth/logon necessary to be done by the client, then do an automatic and silent (hidden) auth to the hotspot.

Otherwise, I am sure, using transparent MT-proxy and squid as an upstream proxy will be able to accomplish what you want.
squid then will decide upon the clients IP, if to redirect or not. Or squid does auth itself, based on clients IP.

nerdtron
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 01, 2014 3:24 pm

You should setup wifi Hotspot in Mikoritk.
Then it would be possible to change/edit the default login.html page of mikrotik. It would also be possible to redirect the external login page to a remote server.
Please read: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/HotSpot_e ... login_page

Kliwer
just joined
Topic Author

Thu May 01, 2014 5:34 pm

That's not it. I don't want to use external login page. I have simle dst-nat rule in firewall to redirect user to some page, currently external. What I want to know is what I need to write in address and port in that dst-nat rule to be redirected to hotspot login page.