Community discussions

MikroTik App

rpmiller
just joined
Topic Author

PPPoE with 2 WAN IP address ranges

Fri May 09, 2014 3:34 am

Hi,
I have had a single set of IP addresses for a long time. I assigned these to a pool and set up my PPPoE server profiles to pull from that pool. This has worked fine until I ran out. My ISP gave me some more but they are in a different address range. They set up their router to work with both on the same interface. I added a second address to my WAN port, added a new pool for the new addresses and created new PPPoE profiles to use the new pool. I needed new profiles because the profile specifies the local address which I think is the gateway (my WAN IP address) and I can't use the original WAN address. So this works, but I was wondering if there is a way to have a single set of profiles. As it is now, I have to assign a customer to one network or the other, but I'd like the router to pull from both pools so I don't have to worry about it.

Any help is appreciated!

Ryan

shahbazian
Trainer
Trainer

Re: PPPoE with 2 WAN IP address ranges

Sun May 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi,
I have had a single set of IP addresses for a long time. I assigned these to a pool and set up my PPPoE server profiles to pull from that pool. This has worked fine until I ran out. My ISP gave me some more but they are in a different address range. They set up their router to work with both on the same interface. I added a second address to my WAN port, added a new pool for the new addresses and created new PPPoE profiles to use the new pool. I needed new profiles because the profile specifies the local address which I think is the gateway (my WAN IP address) and I can't use the original WAN address. So this works, but I was wondering if there is a way to have a single set of profiles. As it is now, I have to assign a customer to one network or the other, but I'd like the router to pull from both pools so I don't have to worry about it.

Any help is appreciated!

Ryan
Hi,
The kind that I realized, you have two address range recived from your ISP; And need to assign this addresses to clients with pppoe.
So, you can assign that ranges in one ip pool or use next pool option when added in different address pool.

rpmiller
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 20, 2014 4:02 am

That's what I thought initially, but the PPPoE profile specifies the gateway (local address) and now that I have 2, I need 2 profiles, unless there is some way around it.

Ryan

rpmiller
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 pm

This actually works as posted. Just add the IPs to the pool. No need for 2 IP addresses on WAN interface.

Thanks,
Ryan