Community discussions

MikroTik App

paams
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Please Urgent Help with Mikrotik AP Setup

Fri May 16, 2014 1:53 pm

Hello there! I am going to install a small wi-fi setup with Mikrotik router board based AP for one of a hotel customer. The main issue i'm facing with him is that actually he wants me to give the AP's wi-fi access security key to his every new guest and then would like to change it every day own his own. By that way he would keep remain changes for every new day with every new guest and i also don't want let him to access the Mikrotik AP interface to alert or tweak with its settings every time. Is there a solution to this problem please where AP can generate a one time password for him with his new connection and reset it after specific time period. Or there is a specific program/tool/ script where he can generate wi-fi connection network access key from his connected PC without login to AP through by any means of configuration tools like WinBox, WebBox etc. Any supportive solution will be heartily appreciate .Thanks.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Please Urgent Help with Mikrotik AP Setup

Fri May 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Well, normally hotspot should be used. But it does nothing with wifi. Maybe you can try webfig templates to display only particular options for his username, if possible.

paams
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri May 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Well, normally hotspot should be used. But it does nothing with wifi. Maybe you can try webfig templates to display only particular options for his username, if possible.
Thanks Bro! Could you please let me know How and from where to download webfig to test with this option. Thanks.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 17, 2014 12:33 am

Put your router's address into a web browser and press enter.

paams
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat May 17, 2014 3:57 am

Put your router's address into a web browser and press enter.
I entered the router's address into web browser and it open normal web based configuration interface for RouterOS i.e. webbox not actual webfig window.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 17, 2014 8:55 am

Sorry, I called it "template", actually this webfig function is called "skin".
Here is the manual: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Webfig#Skins

Create new skin containing only the function you want to allow to the user (wifi security profiles only). Create a new user group with restricted rights as much as possible and asigh this new skin to it. And finally create a user within this group.

And it is done!

This is the result when user logs in:
WebfigSkin-WifiPass.jpg
Is this what you want?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

paams
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 am

Sorry, I called it "template", actually this webfig function is called "skin".
Here is the manual: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Webfig#Skins

Create new skin containing only the function you want to allow to the user (wifi security profiles only). Create a new user group with restricted rights as much as possible and asigh this new skin to it. And finally create a user within this group.

And it is done!

This is the result when user logs in:
WebfigSkin-WifiPass.jpg
Is this what you want?
Thank you very much for your support. I really appreciate. Yes! I am looking something like this. But please let me know with which RouterOS version winfig works? I have routerOs4.0 version on MT router and when enter the router's address in bowers it opens normal webbox. Thanks.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 18, 2014 9:08 am

There is karma button for expressing appreciation. my picture is from v6.12 webfig. You should install the latest version too.

paams
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon May 19, 2014 6:47 am

There is karma button for expressing appreciation. my picture is from v6.12 webfig. You should install the latest version too.
Okay thanks! But as a new with Mikrotik routerboard i am confused with its firmware version and RouterOs version and license key. Gone through many Mikrotik's documents on this, but not very much clear only basis info. I am using RB450 with routerOS version v3.10 and firmware 2.15. What does it mean? and now how do i upgrade this to v6.12? Thoroughly help will be appreciated. Thanks.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 19, 2014 9:12 am

There is somewhere written step by step each versions you should go thru because you probably shouldn't upgrade directly to the latest. Write an email to support with your version and licence key, they will respond with correct procedure.

paams
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon May 19, 2014 11:12 am

There is somewhere written step by step each versions you should go thru because you probably shouldn't upgrade directly to the latest. Write an email to support with your version and licence key, they will respond with correct procedure.
Okay! Thanks.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon May 19, 2014 11:16 am

v3.10 should go to v3.30 first, once you have that, click "update license" button in winbox. when you have a new license (this is free of charge, but must be done), then it can be upgraded to v6.13

paams
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon May 19, 2014 11:23 am

v3.10 should go to v3.30 first, once you have that, click "update license" button in winbox. when you have a new license (this is free of charge, but must be done), then it can be upgraded to v6.13
Hello Normis! Thank you very much for your response. Could you please first let me assist with the practical process how to how to upgrade from v3.10 to v3.30 and rest of later step by step. As a new with Mikrotik systems i am very much confused with all these stuffs with the firmware version, RouterOs version and its license key. Please assist me i heartily appreciate for this to get me fix with all such stuffs. Thanks.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon May 19, 2014 11:48 am

Mikrotik router board based AP
which model do you have exactly?

paams
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon May 19, 2014 1:48 pm

I have RB450 with routerOS v3.10. Thanks.

paams
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue May 20, 2014 1:58 pm

I have RB450 with routerOS v3.10. Thanks.
Hello Normis! still waiting for your response. Please assist. Thanks.