MikroTik App

safiullahtariq
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Help with OSPF

Fri May 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Hello All,

I posted this in the Routing section but no one helped me or gave any advice. So I am posting it here again.

I hope that you are doing great. I want to ask some advices, or you can say, Help from you people. I hope that I will get it.

I have attached a picture for reference. I have 3 sites, 2 of them i.e. (Office and Godown) are connected via a wireless link (ubiquiti) and ubnt equipment is connected to RB750GL (on both sides). Everything is working fine.

Now I want to add 1 more site (factory) to the network, which will be connected to both Office and Godown. I have also written the IP addresses.

But I dont know how to add this site to the network and make it efficient. How can I configure OSPF on RB750GL (on factory or all sites where I have RB750GL) to always choose the most efficient way. E.g if factory wants to access a computer in the godown, it should use its direct wireless link, instead of going via office and then connecting to the godown.

I only have internet in Office and from office, it is shared to the other sites. We dont have DSL on other sites and Wireless doesnt work in factory and godown. So I have to share the Internet to the other 2 sites from the office.

I will be very thankful for your comments, help and advices. I am new to think and require your help to get this thing going.

Best Regards,

Safiullah Tariq
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lorsungcu
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Help with OSPF

Fri May 16, 2014 11:23 pm

I think MPLS with TE will do this well; I've been meaning to build a lab for it, this would be a good excuse. I will try this weekend; in the mean time, you may want to check the wiki for information.

safiullahtariq
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Help with OSPF

Fri May 16, 2014 11:30 pm

I actually dont have experience with OSPF so that is why I need help.

I will also try to get the routers installed to my home lab to make some kind of small network. Because it will not be possible to work there as both sites are 3 to 4 km away and 1 mistake will make me go 4 km trip.