Community discussions

btanuri
just joined
Topic Author

Google Analytics in Hotspots

Tue May 27, 2014 9:49 pm

I have a company which provide hotspots and controls the Internet in hotels.

When the client connects to the network my system opens a login and password to allow access to the internet and I need to track with Google Analytics the login page, which has restrict access to the interent. I need a way to allow google analytics without having to allow all google services.

I already try to put *. google-analytics.com and www.google-analytics.com * and * still could not allow access but iv didint succeed.

shahbazian
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Google Analytics in Hotspots

Wed May 28, 2014 4:34 pm

I have a company which provide hotspots and controls the Internet in hotels.

When the client connects to the network my system opens a login and password to allow access to the internet and I need to track with Google Analytics the login page, which has restrict access to the interent. I need a way to allow google analytics without having to allow all google services.

I already try to put *. google-analytics.com and http://www.google-analytics.com * and * still could not allow access but iv didint succeed.
You can use hotspot walled-garden rules to allow google analytics and any other web pages without hotspot login.
Learn MikroTik to improve your network.
( MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE, MTCUME, MTCIPv6E, MTCINE )
MikroTik Certified Trainer & Consultant
RIPE NCC Trainer

btanuri
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 28, 2014 9:02 pm

i tried, but it didn't work.
Appears that only work if i use the walled garden ip, and because the google-analytics.com has a dynamic ip, tha dns is the only one that i can use. :s

bigxboss
just joined

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Did you manage to solve this issue, I have the exact same issue