Community discussions

MikroTik App

Sidi
just joined
Topic Author

Blocking proxy server

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:08 pm

Hello, i have quite big problem with people coming back on my gaming servers through proxy servers - these ppl are unbannable.

Is there any way to block proxy servers (not for HTTP, but game servers such as minecraft, CoD, LFS, ...) without having to add milions IP addresses to blacklist?

Kreacher

Re: Blocking proxy server

Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:34 am

Hello, i have quite big problem with people coming back on my gaming servers through proxy servers - these ppl are unbannable.

Is there any way to block proxy servers (not for HTTP, but game servers such as minecraft, CoD, LFS, ...) without having to add milions IP addresses to blacklist?
Would the usermanager inside of the RouterBoard a solution for you, or if this are
masses of gamers perhaps with syncookies?

Sidi
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:22 am

Would the usermanager inside of the RouterBoard a solution for you, or if this are
Maybe i explained it bad, because i have no idea how to use usermanager to help me.

I have few gaming servers behind mikrotik (provider refused to give me more public IP's). Mikrotik works as router and firewall for 4 machines with 600-800 players.

Problem is, when some player start breaking rules and we ban him by IP/nick. He finds some public proxy server, connnects again with another nick/IP and starts breaking rules again :( I need to block access from these proxies to prevent players change IP 50 times a day.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:11 am

Maybe i explained it bad, because i have no idea how to use usermanager to help me.

I have few gaming servers behind mikrotik (provider refused to give me more public IP's). Mikrotik works as router and firewall for 4 machines with 600-800 players.

Problem is, when some player start breaking rules and we ban him by IP/nick. He finds some public proxy server, connnects again with another nick/IP and starts breaking rules again :( I need to block access from these proxies to prevent players change IP 50 times a day.
You can not do that.

There is no way to prevent all "coming back" cheater, neither new...

Half solution are 0,01 $ / 0,01 € for play, because on this way, you ban user and credit card...
I not know if is possible to have more than 5 credit card @ day...

Sidi
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:42 am

95% of ppl are small children without any money. I was thinking about "whitelist" where we accept anyone who will apply - but with this amount of players it's time consuming and it will take down numbers of players (not everybody is willing to wait for WL).

Only solution, that i was able to devise (without restricting too many players in any way) is blocking whole IP ranges for foreing countries. Over 99% of players are from our country :( .

Kreacher

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:36 am

95% of ppl are small children without any money. I was thinking about "whitelist" where we accept anyone who will apply - but with this amount of players it's time consuming and it will take down numbers of players (not everybody is willing to wait for WL).

Only solution, that i was able to devise (without restricting too many players in any way) is blocking whole IP ranges for foreing countries. Over 99% of players are from our country :( .
Hello, would it be able to realize by setting up accounts!?
So if one has an user and password account you are able to block or wipe this whole account.
But for sure then it not interesting over witch proxy they are coming in.

Also registering by setting up an certificate will be able to block them effectively
and informing his ISP by sending him the IP address that his client was disturbing
you and the rest of the gaming community could be a good thing.

Sidi
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:30 pm

So if one has an user and password account you are able to block or wipe this whole account.

Also registering by setting up an certificate will be able to block them effectively
and informing his ISP by sending him the IP address that his client was disturbing
They are setting up accounts. More and more and more ... and i can't tell any ISP IP address, because all i see is IP of proxy (+ no ISP will care about any small game portal).

Kreacher

Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:37 pm

They are setting up accounts. More and more and more ... and i can't tell any ISP IP address, because all i see is IP of proxy (+ no ISP will care about any small game portal).
Then only peoples with a valid email address matching to the IP given from their
ISP could game on your servers and no one more, not fine but practicable.
Otherwise it should be not practicable to sort them out from the nice players.

Sidi
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:30 pm

So there is no way to block proxy servers on mikrotik firewall? I have to come with another solution?

I don't wanna find another solution here - i just wanted to know, if there is mikrotik firewall solution. If not, i'll continue on forum of game authors (where i can get more precise solution for every game we host).

Thanks all for help