Community discussions

patrickhappi
just joined
Topic Author

MTCWE CERTIFICATION

Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Good morning every one,
please i'll like to know the procedure to go throught to be MTCWE certificate.
I am already MTCNA certificate, i did it during a training session organised by one local enterprise, but now i whant to know if i can just study home and pass my exam online.
I am waiting for your replies thanks...

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: MTCWE CERTIFICATION

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:30 pm

It is my understanding that the MikroTik certification process requires that you take the training class, from an authorized trainer, then take the test. There is no independent study then pass the test path to MikroTik certification.

w0lt

Re: MTCWE CERTIFICATION

Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:08 pm

I've taken a class from a certified MikroTik trainer and while I benefitted from it, the experience was not as expected. I found that I was not as prepared as I could have been.
Mostly, due to the lack of study material available at the time I took the class. To say that you will learn everything you need to know by taking a class from a certified trainer is taken
a bit out of context. This is where reviewing/studying pertinent material prior to investing in a class is the right way to go. It prepares you to for the class better, and ensures your
investment doesn't go to waste by not passing the certification test.

That being said, I've only found one descent book on the market that would come close to accomplishing that goal. That is the book by Steve Discher (RouterOS by Example ), which
aids you in preparation to take the MTCNA class.

While the book is great (Thanks Steve), I have not found anything available that prepares you for any other advanced certifications (that I have found so far).

I don't believe an online exam offers the credibility that a in-person conducted exam would. In the end, its a very complicated issue, but as I have inferred, having more "accurate and relative"
study material would be desirable and might even entice me into further certifications.

Just my two my two cents.. :)

-tp
MTCNA - 2011

" The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten "