MUM Europe 2020

jo2jo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

new to mikro - network layout idea

Fri May 26, 2006 9:05 am

hi,

i have a good background in ip and nat and firewall. i'm providing hospitatly wifi to 16 WRAP based APs (each 2x radio for what its worth..) and thats fead from a 24pt poe dell switch..

I have a adsl via ppoe 1mb/8 and a 1/4mb cable modem that just gives out its true public ip no issues.

I had a POS peplink balence 300 there for 2 weeks and it has been a nightmare on the nat side...it ONLY has a web interface and 70% of my simple nat rules just would not ever initialize..good support and refund but bad equpiment (if used as strictly a load balencer, it is great, does ddns nicely but ONLY has a web int.) any way soi gave up on it and wanted a LOW power solution (or i would have done a full out unix box) so i stumbled upon these amazing devices. I have 1 532 coming tomorrow and 1 coming tuesday.

I got in bound- dsl , cable I want to have a 532 load balencing them and if that gives problems i'm fine with straight up fail over..minimal bwitdh use at location.

i then want to have another 532 setup on VRRP. My question is should i just have the dsl and cable modem plugged into Switch 2 and then plug in the Backup 532 , the Primary 532 and a modem backup 100 - all with the eth interfaces disabled except the primary obviously?

should this work or am i missing something bad?

tks

joe

jo2jo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Tue May 30, 2006 1:00 am

uhh did i do something wrong?

djape

Tue May 30, 2006 1:40 am

Wrong?
Well, you typed too much letters, to be honest.
I really didn't have time to read all of this what you have writen!
TO ALL POSTERS:
Try not to write long question, simply give some details about config and then say what's the problem! I don't think that people that can help need to know what did ya have for breakfast :D

;)
I drink like a pirate and smoke like a hippie...