Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

Awax
just joined
Topic Author

6.18-6.19 package uninstall

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Hello, upgraded "RB750g" 6.17 to version 6.18, and found that (Uninstall) it became impossible. In my case this package "wireless" which I don't need. Have tried all possible ways and versions of winbox. Same thing in 6.19. In 6.17 (Uninstall) works fine.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: 6.18-6.19 package uninstall

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:13 pm

We have removed the ability to "disassemble" the combined package, because this caused some issues. So if you installed/upgraded using the routeros.npk bundle, you can only disable packages. If you plan to uninstall something, install RouterOS with single packages.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

Awax
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Understandable, but in my opinion it was more convenient earlier
Thank you

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:32 pm

A very good change. This in no way affects me, but every few days a topic appears on the forum that someone tried to uninstall a package and had problems after. I never got why someone would uninstall a package. If you don't need it - just disable it.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:55 pm

We have removed the ability to "disassemble" the combined package, because this caused some issues. So if you installed/upgraded using the routeros.npk bundle, you can only disable packages. If you plan to uninstall something, install RouterOS with single packages.
URRAHHHHHH!!!! Finally one fix for the bug: "BUG: some people are fixed with uninstalling the package on combined package instead than simply disable the package"!!!
I'm Italian, not English. Sorry for my imperfect grammar.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Understandable, but in my opinion it was more convenient earlier
Thank you
"more convenient earlier"???

If I want only excel, because conveniently first install all office package and then remove all except excel?

Have some sense if I disable the program I do not want (removing the link on the menu) and if I need that restore back enabling the program (put again the link on the menu)

Awax
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:08 pm

If you don't need it - just disable it.
If I want only excel, because conveniently first install all office package and then remove all except excel?
Have some sense if I disable the program I do not want (removing the link on the menu) and if I need that restore back enabling the program (put again the link on the menu)
Why to disconnect what isn't present physically. You feminine pads in their pants to wear? so just in case ... I think that isn't present because I hope that you are men :mrgreen: . So why wear what does not exist physically. In RB750G has no WIFI module, but when updating it is established. Normis already explained everything.

Recently in the forum was a stormy debate over the presence of the torrent client "OS Mikrotik". I use a Mikrotik and houses and for work. At work do not need a torrent client, of course, but at home it would be very handy.
Normis, do you plan to release a separate package with a torrent client?
For example web server "transmission" as implemented in "Zyxel"?
Thank you

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:51 pm

I don't know why anyone installs combined package instead own set of individual packages.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:45 am

Why to disconnect what isn't present physically. You feminine pads in their pants to wear? so just in case ... I think that isn't present because I hope that you are men :mrgreen: . So why wear what does not exist physically. In RB750G has no WIFI module, but when updating it is established. Normis already explained everything.
I not understand because "wireless" menu hurting you so much on RB750G.

You know the existence of DISABLE menu option?

If it is your problem, whiy you not update or install your board with only system package and add one-by-one only what you need?

jforester
just joined

Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:36 pm

The problem i have here for me is that the new hex poe lite switch come with only 16meg of space and there is not enough space to upload the new file into it event if it's only the system file is there any other way then using netinstall ?
i also try to disable the package i didnt need and see if i could un-install them that way but it's always the same error since they are bundled packadge :-(

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:53 am

again. just install individual packages only instead the bundled package.