Intel Card below is MT not PT..., never tested PT because no one sell in my country
Here is what I've found for Intel DUAL port Server Adapter PRO/1000MT
1. You can only use 1 port for GIGABIT
2. If you plug both port into Gigabit swicth, then speed down to 100 Mbps or stuck ( both port not working ).
3. This is happen NOT only in MikroTik, but also in FreeBSD
My suggestion :
1. DON'T BUY DUAL PORT INTEL SERVER ADAPTOR ( refund if you can and get exchange to 1 port )
2. Get 1 port Intel Server Adaptor
So.. since I can't refund the dual port, I use DUAL port with 1 port only for Gigabit connection
That's from my experience... hope this help
Last edited by oriondotnet
on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.