Community discussions

skoenman
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik tree queues adding latency

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Hallo guys wonder if someone could maybe help me . Im having some issues were if i add game packets to my queue it adds latency to games pings. Moment i remove it its fine again priority is low at 4 and theres no limit on the queue except for master queue. The total queue isnt being triggered. Does someone else maybe have a idea for me???

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik tree queues adding latency

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:58 pm

Even if the queue limit isn't being triggered the system is still going through the motions of deciding which packet is next - and taking decisions about which traffic to include in the queue. How much change you will see depends on many factors and you have not really given enough detail to determine if what you are observing is normal.
Interlynx | Networking and Information Security Consultants & Trainers | Email: routerlynx@gmail.com
BGP | EIGRP | OSPF | MPLS | Firewall | VPN | IPsec | Multicast | QOS | IPv4/6 | STP | VLAN | PON | AE | M2M | and more!

skoenman
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik tree queues adding latency

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:26 am

attached if the current queue tree that im using. when i have the games queue disabled it doesnt affect the ping so much. Question is will it still affect the latency if there isnt any limit on any of the queues on core routers???current queues only get limited on edge routers not on core routers??

so just so im clear.....
STATION(CLIENT)-------INITIAL ROUTER QUEUES ENABLED BUT NO LIMIT------LINE 1 QUEUES ARE ENABLED
------LINE 2 QUEUES ARE ENABLED (GAMES GO ON THIS LINE)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.