Community discussions

MikroTik App

oputapray
just joined
Topic Author

Using Mikrotik CCR1036 as a Bandwidth manager

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Hello,

I have a challenge blocking users that are not on the simple queue from accessing the internet through the Mikrotik simple Queue.

I want to implement a policy such that any IP address that is not on any queue is dropped by the Mikrotik using simple queue.

Can anyone help.

Thank you.

ronix
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Using Mikrotik CCR1036 as a Bandwidth manager

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:41 pm

ros code

add burst-limit=0/0 burst-threshold=0/0 burst-time=0s/0s direction=both disabled=yes limit-at=1k/1k max-limit=1k/1k name=blocked users packet-marks="" parent=none priority=8 queue=default-small/default-small target-addresses=x.x.x.x total-queue=default-small
change x.x.x.x to the users ips that you want to block

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:22 am

queues are matched in-order. If you make the bottom most queue as described above but target 0.0.0.0/0 then it's will catch everything not already queued above.

ppwicho

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:23 am

Use simple Queues: In routerOS 6.0 theres a lot of improvements for process thousand of simple queues. If you don't want to add a simple queue for every customer just use address list, mangle and queues tree (but QTree don't are improved in the 6.0+). So its better to use simple ques and maybe you could try use mangle with simple queues.

Edit: The problem with the previous configuration its that I didn't figure out how to handle all the connections coming from one IP Address and address list using PCQ with only one Queue Tree or Simple Queue.