Community discussions

MikroTik App

CraigZA
just joined
Topic Author

PCC with double NAT environment?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Hey folks,

Got a little project on the horizon for a family member, they've bought into a hotel/conference center, lovely place but it's out in the sticks, about 12 miles (20 kilometers) from the nearest source of cabled internet (which happens to be DSL). Zero fiber nearby, zero WISP's in the area, etc.

They've inherited the previous owners satellite internet solution (and firewall, wireless AP's, etc etc) which is silly overpriced, slow and have zero documentation on how to administer it and the company that installed are quoting a fortune to come out, update the system and provide some training. This is where I've been approached to propose a replacement solution.

Fortunately, they have LOS (as they're high up on a mountain) to a location that can get ADSL. So I was considering having 3 x 4Mb DSL connections installed and then putting a wireless link from the location to their hotel. However my solution as per image is double NAT and I'm wondering how PCC deals with load balancing if the source address is a single IP (the hotel firewall) ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thalid

Re: PCC with double NAT environment?

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:52 pm

look for multi wan and load balancing on the forum there is several topic about it.
http://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/US12/steve.pdf

From some forums i read that load balacing wont be able to use100% of the dsl connectio, but how mush speed you loose i domt know.

Rudios
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: PCC with double NAT environment?

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:00 am

Is there any chance to change the config and get rid of the nat on the hotel firewall.
Put a static route on the RB750 towards the hotel subnet and don't do any Nat there.
Testing setup with: 2 x RB750UP | 2 x RB750GL | 1 x RB951G-2HnD | 1 x RB2011UiAS-IN