MikroTik App

Decsus
just joined
Topic Author

PCQ - Queue Trees and PPPOE

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:07 am

Hi Guys,

I need some assistance please.

I have created a Qos Setup as explained here http://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/C ... Megis.pdf.

With one diffidence. We have a radius server running and Auto assigning IP's (According to a preset Address List on the mikrotik) to the connected Clients
Each client then has a separate pppoe interface that is automatically created after authentication.

Everything works fine except that my "Total_Download" Queue Tree cant have the local interface (ether8) as a parent, it has to have the pppoe interface selected, otherwise it does not limit the bandwidth.

My question is. How do I work around this?

Can I create a bridge to auto assign all new pppoe connections to bridge? Is there another method.
I cant have a Total_Download queue tree for every single pppoe connection.

Casper

Decsus
just joined
Topic Author

Re: PCQ - Queue Trees and PPPOE

Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:51 pm

I presume there is no fix for this then......

I'll attempt to then doe the PPPOE authentication with another router and the PCQ with this one.

Decsus
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:45 am

Just for interest sake.

I was unable to achieve PCQ and PPPOE Authentication on the one router.

The problem as explained in my first post remained that each connection created a PPPOE interface, and there is no way to tell the queue tree to group the PPPOE interfaces and set Queue tree Total_Upload as its parent.

I then used another mikrotik router to do the Authentication, and then route 0.0.0.0/0 to the PCQ router.
No NAT on the PPPOE Authentication router as that will then change the src addresses, the PCQ router needs the correct Src address (the ones assigned by a dhcp pool to each new PPPOE client) for Mangle and queues to do their job correctly.

The DHCP Pools (On the PPPOE Authentication router) relate to the same IP ranges as the address lists on (PCQ Router)

nxl
just joined

Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:47 pm

This feature would be so NICE to have: ability to specify the interface to which the queue to be applied on pppoe connection.

alim1369
just joined

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:46 pm

It is simple
you can define a firewall rule that prerouting from ALL PPP then mark packet as X
then define a queue tree for such packets :)